Dr Jim Loehr is a world-renowned performance psychologist.
He´s worked with hundreds of top athletes including Olympic Gold medalists and tennis players Jim Courier, Monica Seles & Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario.
During his career he´s also worked with military Special Forces, Hostage Rescue teams, surgeons and Fortune 500 CEOs to achieve sustained high performance.
Listen to Dr Loehr talk to CTC Host Dan Kiernan about:-
- How he started working with his first tennis player, Tom Gullikson
- His time working with Jimmy Connors & Nick Bollettieri´s Tennis Academy (now IMG Academy)
- Why he thinks more players aren´t travelling with sports psychologists…yet.
- How to train mentally and emotionally.
- Tips to help build your confidence.
- His belief that character strength can be built in the same way that muscle strength is built, through energy investment.
- The Hidden Scorecard – the importance of having different success measures.
- His time working with Olympic gold medal speed skater Dan Jansen.
- Advice to parents, players and coaches who don´t have access to a sports psychologist.
An incredibly informative episode, get your notepads and pens at the ready!
Links Mentioned in this Episode
Check our Dr Jim Loehrs books here
Watch Dan Jansens´s Story - Never Give Up
Listen to our episode with Tom Gullikson